Website search doesn't support quotes properly
As reported by goupille on
« When doing:
- Go to https://tails.boum.org/
- Type “browser” in the search bar
- Press enter
I am redirected to https://tails.boum.org/ikiwiki.cgi?P="browser" (with quotes), and I get a ‘No documents match your query’ page, with "browser%20 in the search box.
The search box on the search results page is functionning as it should. »
I couldn’t reproduce that on Tails 1.2.
#2 Updated by intrigeri 2014-11-10 11:47:33
- Subject changed from No results in search on website to Website search doesn't support quotes properly
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee deleted (
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- QA Check deleted (
I can reproduce that if I type “browser” (with the quotes) in the search box. No big deal, so downgrading priority.
This should probably be reported upstream (unless they have a bug report about it already). But our templates are customized, so probably one should try and reproduce this with the default templates first.