Re-enable Tor Browser's "Quantum bar"
Bug #17121 (aka. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/32019) we had to disable Tor Browser’s “Quantum bar”: commit:dfeaa6e96e767dcd96304cceeb5aaa39ef2b4469.
Sooner or later, Mozilla will remove support for the obsolete thing we’ve reverted to, so we need a real fix at some point.
Related to Tails -
|Blocks Tails - Feature #16209: Core work: Foundations Team||Confirmed|
Blocks Tails -
Blocks Tails -
#3 Updated by intrigeri 2019-10-22 13:48:27
- Target version set to Tails_4.1
Recent updates on https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/32019 suggest that the underlying bug was fixed in 9.0a8 and 9.0 final.
#4 Updated by intrigeri 2019-11-08 17:09:27
Possibly related: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31764 (fixed in Tor Browser 9.0.1).
#8 Updated by intrigeri 2019-11-11 06:58:04
- No trace of
Bug #17121being back so far, but I’ll want to run the test suite on our slower isotesters (lizard) a few more times to confirm.
- I can save the current page as “index.html” to the persistent Tor Browser directory (fragile: Bug #15336) failed on lizard
- The video looks OK except the download down-arrow icon in the toolbar has an orange dot; I don’t know what that means; note that the test suite opened the 2nd page, that we want to save, before the homepage was fully loaded
- It may be a one-off robustness issue, let’s see what the next few test suite runs say.
#11 Updated by intrigeri 2019-11-11 14:12:18
- Status changed from In Progress to Needs Validation
- Assignee deleted (
No trace of
Bug #17121 in runs 2-5 on https://jenkins.tails.boum.org/job/test_Tails_ISO_bugfix-17143-17214-12023-remove-obsolete-tor-browser-customization-force-all-tests/, and the one-off failure I saw the other day did not come back, so I think we’re good!