Low resolution or no X.Org at all with NVidia NV160 (Turing)
a user reported that booting a Tails device on a desktop computer with a “NVIDIA Corporation TU104 [GeForce RTX 2080 Rev. A] (rev a1)” GPU ends up with a 640 x 480 resolution.
the desktop only has one GPU and the usual workarounds for NVidia are not fixing the issue.
|Related to Tails - Bug #15116: X.Org does not start with some NVidia Maxwell and Pascal graphic cards||Confirmed||2017-12-27|
Has duplicate Tails -
|Blocks Tails - Feature #16209: Core work: Foundations Team||Confirmed|
Blocked by Tails -
#1 Updated by intrigeri 2019-06-01 10:09:05
- Subject changed from Low resolution with NVidia RTX 2080 to Low resolution with NVidia NV160 (Turing)
- Category set to Hardware support
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version set to Tails_3.17
- Type of work changed from Research to Wait
That’s the very latest generation of NVIDIA graphics cards. I see that support was merged into Linux 5.0, which we should get in our Oct or Dec release.