Greeter should honor "debug" kernel command line parameter
To debug greeter issues, it would be very useful to have debug logs of the greeter. To do that, one currently need to set a root password, go to a text console, change a file and restart the greeter. Not only this is a comlplicated process, but it also make it impossible to debug issues that only happen at the 1st start of the greeter. Let’s make the greeter set logging level to debug when it sees “debug” on the kernel command line.
Related to Tails -
|Related to Tails - Feature #12396: Honor the "debug" kernel cmdline option in Tails Installer||Confirmed||2017-03-20|
|Related to Tails - Feature #12395: Honor the "debug" kernel cmdline option in persistence-setup||Confirmed||2017-03-20|
#1 Updated by alant 2017-03-18 23:56:47
- Subject changed from Greeter sould honor "debug" kernel command line parameter to Greeter should honor "debug" kernel command line parameter
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Target version set to Tails_3.0
- Feature Branch set to feature/12373-honor-debug-kernel-cmdline
This should be fixed in
feature/12373-honor-debug-kernel-cmdline. Unfortunately local build is broken because of
Bug #12374. In ISO should be building on jenkins to test that branch.
#6 Updated by bertagaz 2017-03-19 10:55:13
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix committed
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
> This works in a real ISO. Please merge greeter’s
Confirm it works. The journal gets bloated with a lot of other messages. It grows in size compared when started without debug, but not to a scary extend: after login, in a normal session it grows to 8Mb, with debug it grows to 24Mb, so that’s still affordable. Merged!