Add a screenshot to our homepage
Even before doing a big plan for redesign and restructuring the whole thing, adding a screenshot might help people grasp what Tails is.
Related to Tails -
|Related to Tails - Feature #9814: Clarify what Tails is and what makes it so awesome||Confirmed||2014-07-06|
|Related to Tails - Feature #6857: Have leaflets to present Tails||Confirmed||2014-03-06|
#1 Updated by Anonymous 2017-06-28 10:52:07
- Type of work changed from Website to Discuss
- Discuss what we want to show here: do we want a screenshot of the desktop, eventually having some open windows like TorBrowser, OnionShare, Tails Installer, Pidgin, Thunderbird?
- Discuss if we want to show multiple images instead / Slider / Carousel style
- Discuss where we want to show that/these image(s)
- Do it!
#6 Updated by sajolida 2017-08-04 10:31:31
Discussed during the August 2017 monthly meeting:
- There is consensus on adding it: it’s a well established best practice for software homepages.
- Better do it now with a very simple thing and make it fancier later than let it rot
- u volonteers to create a laptop svg to put the screenshot in (but not integrating it). OTOH She also thinks it’s a good idea to leave that as a task for tails-project or tails-ux, to use as a starter for a first contribution to Tails.
- The person working on it should come up with proposals of what to display, with mockups if needed
- The laptop SVG should have an usb stick in it, visible, maybe with Tails logo
- screenshots should show desktop, tor browser, persistence, glider or even email/chat, openpgp-applet… What’s making Tails Tails.
#18 Updated by sajolida 2020-04-17 20:38:53
According to https://tails.boum.org/contribute/meetings/201708/, we had some consensus on adding screenshots to our homepage.
I was not the one super interested about it but Lunar had interesting plans to add screenshots at a later stage to the new home page when we discussed in February.
So, yes, we could reject this ticket to clean up a ticket that is not super important (at least to me) and might not be worked on in a while. But not because I don’t think that we should have screenshots on our homepage never or because nobody wants them.