OpenPGP applet public key list includes 21 empty key lines
- copy some text so the clipboard is not empty
- OpenPGP applet icon -> Encrypt clipboard with public key
- if you have a small number of keys, the “Choose keys” window lists the expected 6 keys + 21 empty key lines
- if you have a large number of keys, no empty lines but the tooltip is all wrong (doesn’t match the actual raw)
Related to Tails -
#2 Updated by anonym 2017-01-30 10:01:21
- Target version changed from Tails_3.0 to Tails_2.11
I can reproduce this in Tails 2.10. The empty entries appear when I hover the mouse over the other entries in the list, and I count 22 of them when it stops.
IMHO, the next step is to reproduce on Debian Jessie.
#3 Updated by intrigeri 2017-01-30 11:36:13
- Assignee set to nodens
> I can reproduce this in Tails 2.10. The empty entries appear when I hover the mouse over the other entries in the list, and I count 22 of them when it stops.
IMO that’s not severe enough to be worth prioritizing this much: it can certainly wait a few months to be fixed, and we (foundations team) probably have higher priority bugs to tackle. So personally I would postpone this to 2.12 or 3.0 unless nodens comes up with a quick fix.
#8 Updated by nodens 2017-08-06 21:47:20
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- QA Check changed from Info Needed to Dev Needed
- Type of work changed from Test to Code
So it is still here in current Sid.
The problem seems to lie in the Gtk3::SimpleList module, that apparently doesn’t behave properly wrt Gtk::TreeView.
Another part of the issue is that the tooltip is wrong when you have a large number of keys (but doesn’t add any empty lines).
I’ll see if I find a simplefix, or maybe it’s time to rewrite this part completely, using the complete Gtk::TreeView implementation (which could actually enable us to do some nicer stuff, UI-Wise).
#11 Updated by nodens 2018-02-25 18:54:29
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
OpenPGP applet is moving to its new home on https://salsa.debian.org/openpgp-applet-team/openpgp-applet
This issue has been duplicated upstream: https://salsa.debian.org/openpgp-applet-team/openpgp-applet/issues/7
I’m closing this one. Feel free to comment on the upstream link!
You will need an account on Salsa. If you don’t have one already, you can create one on https://signup.salsa.debian.org/.