What do we do for people coming from search engines inside the assistant
If we do nothing special, people could crash on random pages in the Tails Installer Assistant. At some point it could be problematic, for example someone using firefox on a tablet comes in the “Linux/Install Tails Downloader” extension. A user starting at the begining of the assistant would have been routed to a specific path (no scenario for you, sorry).
We could :
- unindex all the internal pages of the assistant. We don’t have this probleme anymore, but we have an other problem : maybe we could like to have some of this pages indexed to get have some traffic.
- have some warning or reminders in some pages. In wich page ?
Blocks Tails -
#3 Updated by sajolida 2015-05-01 08:15:28
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee set to tchou
- QA Check set to Info Needed
I think that:
- The pages from inside the route shouldn’t be indexed by search engines (and if they are it’s probably no big deal).
- The overviews and steps can be indexed with no problem as they are supposed to make it clear what we are doing and where we are.
- The overview should make it clear which scenario has been selected.
- The steps should have a reminder of the scenario.
#17 Updated by sajolida 2018-04-17 14:28:14
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to feature/9308-dont-index-installation-instructions
Here is a branch!
Ulrike: Same as
Feature #15114#note-3. I think this is core UX.