Make each mirror provide a unique virtualhost name
… in addition to dl.amnesia.b.o (that we need to ease the transition).
What we need is unique vhost names among our pool of mirrors, so our JS code can pick one for each user.
- allocate a unique virtual hostname to each current mirror
- check how we allocate those names
- update contribute/how/mirror documentation with examples for the web servers we support
- ask all mirror operators to implement this, or whatever unique virtualhost name they prefer
- wait for most mirrors to implement it, and at some point remove from the pool the ones who did not
|Feature #11054: Update contribute/how/mirror documentation with examples for the web servers we support||Resolved||
|Bug #11055: Ask all mirror operators to implement new virtual hostname||Resolved||
|Bug #11056: Wait for most mirrors to implement new virtual hostname||Resolved||
|Feature #11334: Document how HTTP mirrors get a unique virtualhost name||Resolved||
|Feature #11335: Set up the process and tools to allocate unique *.dl.amnesia.boum.org hostnames||Resolved||
Blocked by Tails -
#12 Updated by intrigeri 2015-10-01 19:04:58
> I might have not understand the reasoning behind this fully, but wouldn’t this be the right time to change .dl.amnesia.boum.org into.dl.tails.boum.org? And maybe dl.amnesia.boum.org into dl.tails.boum.org?
Replied already in the other place where basically the same question has been asked.