I2P browser doesn't start after incremental upgrade to Tails 1.2
when lauching the i2p browser, the warning show up but multiple users waited more thant 30 minutesand the i2p browser didn’t start. I found that in the logs (.xsession-errors):
Everything is Ok
unzip: cannot find or open /var/lib/i2p-browser/chroot//usr/local/lib/tor-browser/browser/omni.ja, /var/lib/i2p-browser/chroot//usr/local/lib/tor-browser/browser/omni.ja.zip or /var/lib/i2p-browser/chroot//usr/local/lib/tor-browser/browser/omni.ja.ZIP.
sed: can’t read /tmp/tmp.vJsqnaMTPH/chrome/en-US/locale/branding/brand.dtd: No such file or directory
Related to Tails -
#2 Updated by intrigeri 2014-10-17 13:55:51
- Subject changed from I2p browser doesn't start to I2P browser doesn't start
- Assignee set to kytv
- Priority changed from Normal to Elevated
- Target version set to Tails_1.2.1
kytv, may you please have a look? Assuming it worked back when anonym merged your work for 1.2, I guess it was caused by one of last changes for the migration to TBB / FF31.
#6 Updated by sanic 2014-10-20 12:03:21
- File fix_i2p_browser_chroot2.patch added
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
Updated patch, confirmed working on my computer. The patch is identical to the final one for
Bug #8158 except for referencing i2p-browser instead of unsafe-browser.
#7 Updated by anonym 2014-10-21 13:26:43
- Assignee deleted (
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/8158-stacked-rootfs-vs-chroot-browsers
- Type of work changed from Research to Code
The patch needed some love. Please review’n’merge!
(BTW, my test in
Bug #8158–13 also verified that the I2P Browser works after incremental upgrades.)