Picking a non-English locale breaks bridge mode
Just test by selecting (seemingly) any non-English language in Tails Greeter.
#3 Updated by anonym 2014-03-12 22:54:23
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/6885-tor-launcher-localisation
I’ve pushed a fix in the
bugfix/6885-tor-launcher-localisation Tails Git branch but since the fix is confined to Tor Launcher, also see our Tor Launcher repo. My tests are positive for all locales I tested it on: English (default), Chinese and German (translated), Bosnian and Turkish (not translated, so should fallback to English).
The short story is that XUL translation is pretty fragile and easily results in fatal errors like this for out-dated translations.
The long story can be read here, where I also go into some detail for an upstream fix.