USB install and upgrade
We have released something useful in Tails 0.11, based on the work we’ve already done on the basis of Fedora liveusb-creator.
Next steps are:
Bugfixes and minor improvements of liveusb-creator
- Remove devices from the list when unplugged.
- Set cursor to waiting (hourglass) state while working.
- Target Device list: display more information, such as the stick brand and model.
- Allow setting the system/overlay partitions size via command-line option(s).
- command-line option —local-hard-disks that would enable installation on local hard disks (= not external USB); is half-implemented by
--force, see special casing in the detect_removable_devices method.
- Should be more explicit when no target device is available: currently displays an empty list, no message, is not that easy to understand.
See the dedicated page about incremental upgrades (
This should also open the possibility to take care of, at least, verified downloads and Windows support.