- When I visit https://tails.boum.org/install/download I get the no-JS version.
- The happens in 4.0~beta2 and 3.16 on a fresh boot.
#2 Updated by sajolida 2019-09-13 15:03:36
Indeed, it’s not happening every time and restarting Tor Browser fixes it.
I was unlucky enough to face this 3 times in a row: yesterday on bare metal, today on bare metal, and today in a VM. I started the VM again right now and I didn’t face it.
I’ve never faced this issue in the past (and only started 4.0~beta2 very rarely since it was released). Is it possible that this issue has become much more frequent lately?
#4 Updated by intrigeri 2019-09-13 16:16:03
- Status changed from New to Duplicate
> Indeed, it’s not happening every time and restarting Tor Browser fixes it.
Thank you, so this is indeed a duplicate.
> I’ve never faced this issue in the past (and only started 4.0~beta2 very rarely since it was released). Is it possible that this issue has become much more frequent lately?
It happened a lot on Jenkins in the last few months. Unfortunately:
- I can’t tell whether it also happens on Tails 3.x as we don’t run the corresponding fragile tests there ⇒ no data :/
- I can’t tell whether it also happened earlier because:
- We were not running fragile tests anywhere before.
- Nobody was analyzing test suite results much before I resumed doing so 2 weeks ago.
Which makes it hard to assess how severe the problem is.
Last time we had such a bug it was pretty hard to debug and we were only saved thanks to the Tor Browser folks.
Anyway, see you on Bug #17007 :)