Revert to installing tor from torproject's buster suite
Feature #16687 is merged with commit:585ca1efd1d6e4c1398d6d4b81016716ac11ad7d essentially as-is, we should revert most of that commit (modulo solving conflict correctly wrt. the APT snapshot bump) once the torproject’s stretch suite has tor 0.4.x.
#4 Updated by anonym 2019-06-14 14:04:57
- Status changed from In Progress to Confirmed
When doing this, also check if 0.4.x is in tpo’s buster APT suite:
- If yes: revert commit:06575833525720e029cdf4addabc482591129635 on
feature/busterand we should be good (but please verify that tor 0.4.x is installed in a new
- If no: open a new ticket (or repurpose this one) for doing the above “yes” step once 0.4.x is in tpo’s buster APT suite
#11 Updated by segfault 2019-08-06 14:11:51
- Assignee deleted (
> intrigeri wrote:
> > I guess we’re done here (via
Bug #16883) except the check wrt. Buster described by anonym above, right?
> I think so, yes.
tor 0.4.x is in tpo’s buster suite: https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/dists/buster/main/binary-amd64/Packages
So what’s left is to revert 06575833525720e029cdf4addabc482591129635 on feature/buster and verify that tor 0.4.x is installed in a feature/buster build.
#15 Updated by intrigeri 2019-08-11 10:02:28
- Subject changed from Revert to installing tor from torproject's stretch suite to Revert to installing tor from torproject's buster suite
- Target version changed from Tails_3.16 to Tails_4.0
Bug #16883 was about 3.x and this ticket is now about 4.x.)
#16 Updated by intrigeri 2019-08-11 10:06:53
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Actually, the Buster side was done already (commit:bcfe61821949e736f5bb756bcd3b6d7cdcf91114, which is identical to your commit:f70a9cfbc15eccac79654e4071b1476f8e3f7ccd) and we’re already installing the desired version of tor (thankfully: otherwise 4.0~beta1 would have shipped with a non-stable tor). Sorry I’ve wasted your time!