Bug #16602

Parts of translations don't work in Unlock Veracrypt Volumes

Added by xin 2019-03-21 10:23:42 . Updated 2019-05-23 21:19:18 .

Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:


Feature Branch:
Type of work:

Affected tool:
Deliverable for:


In Tails in French, the text is in English in the Unlock Veracrypt Volumes.
Except fields with “No file containers added” and “No VeraCrypt devices detected” which are in French.
All this content is translated in po/fr.po. This bug may be present since 3.9 release.


Related issues

Blocks Tails - Feature #16209: Core work: Foundations Team Confirmed


#1 Updated by segfault 2019-05-12 17:34:50

  • Feature Branch set to bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated

#2 Updated by segfault 2019-05-12 17:44:25

#3 Updated by segfault 2019-05-12 18:32:38

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

#4 Updated by segfault 2019-05-12 22:18:06

I don’t understand why the translations are not applied. I now tried to add them to refresh-translations the same way as configuration-window.ui from tails-additional-software, but the translations are still not applied.

#5 Updated by intrigeri 2019-05-14 12:54:14

Should I take a look?

#6 Updated by segfault 2019-05-14 17:49:25

intrigeri wrote:
> Should I take a look?

Sure, if you have the time for it

#7 Updated by intrigeri 2019-05-18 13:38:32

  • Target version set to Tails_3.14
  • QA Check set to Ready for QA
  • Feature Branch changed from bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated to bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated-intrigeri

That should do the trick, I can see 100% of the first-launch UI in French now. I’ve only tested this by editing files in a live Tails session, so don’t blindly trust this branch: please build and test an ISO before merging.

#8 Updated by intrigeri 2019-05-18 13:39:57

(If you merge my branch, please delete yours so that Jenkins does not waste cycles on it.)

#9 Updated by segfault 2019-05-18 13:52:54

LGTM, building an image to test it

#10 Updated by segfault 2019-05-18 16:38:17

  • Feature Branch changed from bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated-intrigeri to bugfix/16602-parts-of-unlock-veracrypt-volumes-not-translated

intrigeri wrote:
> That should do the trick, I can see 100% of the first-launch UI in French now.

Confirmed, the first-launch UI is fully translated. But when I add a VeraCrypt volume, the buttons are not translated. I cherry-picked your commits and fixed that on the feature branch.

#11 Updated by intrigeri 2019-05-18 16:53:41

LGTM at commit:1c78e45c3bee00459cf9732ea2a24e395a332302, feel free to merge yourself if this works fine in a freshly built ISO, and ideally after seeing CI pass. Or reassign to me for these last steps and I’ll merge tomorrow :)

#12 Updated by segfault 2019-05-18 18:26:13

Amended commit to fix renamed paths and force pushed. Built and tested, works fine now, except that there are no translations yet for _Unlock and _Open. So good to merge IMO once CI passes.

#13 Updated by intrigeri 2019-05-19 04:31:54

  • Assignee changed from segfault to intrigeri

#14 Updated by intrigeri 2019-05-19 04:38:25

  • Status changed from In Progress to Fix committed
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Applied in changeset commit:tails|66b67bd21baed5087cae0530773370da46c83b97.

#15 Updated by intrigeri 2019-05-19 04:41:18

  • Assignee deleted (intrigeri)
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass

#16 Updated by CyrilBrulebois 2019-05-23 21:19:18

  • Status changed from Fix committed to Resolved