"Only the expected addons are installed" Thunderbird test is buggy
The tentative 3.10 ISO had Enigmail disabled but this test passed.
|Blocks Tails - Feature #16209: Core work: Foundations Team||Confirmed|
#2 Updated by CyrilBrulebois 2018-10-23 14:30:20
So the idea is finding the TorBirdy entry in the list of extensions, and checking all of the required ones are there (TorBirdy and Enigmail at the moment). Unfortunately, that doesn’t account for disabled extensions.
Some leads out of the blue:
- detect the incompatibility banner
- detect the “disabled” string (but that’s language specific so not hugely practical, and subject to change)
- detect the “disable” button, which doesn’t appear when the extension is disabled/incompatible.
Maybe more robust:
- check whether the “disabled” or “incompatible” strings appear anywhere in the children of each considered extension. Invalidate this extension if that happens.
#4 Updated by intrigeri 2018-11-03 07:23:31
- Priority changed from Normal to Elevated
Given this is about breakage caused by changes in the surrounding ecosystem (major Thunderbird updates breaking add-ons), I think this fits into the limited definition of the test suite maintenance job we have on this year’s budget. So I’ll check how we’re doing wrt. the test suite maintenance budget (keeping in mind that the biggest chunk on our plate this year, i.e. the migration to Buster, will need lots of work): given the trouble this issue has caused us during the 3.10 (sic) release process, it would be nice to fix it.