Create ikiwiki-staging.setup for staging website
This file should be added to our master branch. I will prepare this plus ask groente for review.
|Bug #16302: Syslog and staging website||Rejected||
|Bug #16309: ikiwiki tries to pull/push from git||Resolved||
#4 Updated by Anonymous 2018-06-12 14:10:51
If you wonder why these two files should be in Git even though they are possibly used only on the translation platform:
- we want to allow people to use these files on their local clones
- these files will make it easier to add new languages to Weblate and it’s staging wiki.
- it will not make Weblate’s git repo diverge from upstream as it currently does by modifying, but (luckily) not committing these files.
#6 Updated by groente 2018-06-27 12:18:59
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Info Needed
hey, sorry for the long wait. i have two questions:
- if you want people to use these files on their local clones, shouldn’t there also be a —staging flag to the build-website script?
- won’t weblate’s git repo diverge from upstream anyway as it needs different url and destdir settings?
#7 Updated by Anonymous 2018-11-02 18:31:24
- Assignee set to groente
> hey, sorry for the long wait. i have two questions:
> - if you want people to use these files on their local clones, shouldn’t there also be a —staging flag to the build-website script?
I don’t know.. maybe.
> - won’t weblate’s git repo diverge from upstream anyway as it needs different url and destdir settings?
Yes it will but. We aim at merging stuff from Weblate back to main.git. Hence the currently diverging ikiwiki.setup on weblate.git needs to die. Instead, we need to have two clean ikiwiki.setup files, one used on main.git, one used by staging. weblate.git MUST not have a divering setup file. This is currently an aberration of manually fiddling with this :) Also see https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/15675
Please tell me that staging’s puppet setup does not use this abberation :) If it does, we need to fix this, and I hope we can fix this using the files in this ticket here
Bug #15625. Thanks!
#10 Updated by hefee 2018-11-12 16:26:28
Without a solution for ikiwiki-staging.setup, the staging wiki is not published corectly. Currently the destdir is set to staging/ instead of the needed /var/www/staging/
I’ll fix this localy to have a propper build.
but we can control this by the cmdline interface of ikiwiki:
./build-website —set destdir=/var/www/staging
#12 Updated by hefee 2018-12-14 03:26:56
- QA Check changed from Info Needed to Dev Needed
- Feature Branch deleted (
Feature #16225 the cronjob itself takes care about the correct values for the staging build within suggestions-cronjob.sh.
But using the ikiwiki.setup from tails repo is not the best idea. Let’s use the exact same setup, that is used for production:
- install and use templates/website/ikiwiki.setup.erb
- and with the overwrite of the parameters in suggestions-cronjob.sh it should run successfully.
(or create a ikiwiki.setup with the extended language list and the correct destdir).
#13 Updated by groente 2019-01-04 15:46:29
- Assignee changed from groente to hefee
- QA Check changed from Dev Needed to Ready for QA
there’s now a puppet-generated ikiwiki.setup in /var/lib/weblate/config/ikiwiki.setup - can you check if that looks okay?
the languages are now commonly defined for both ikiwiki.setup and lang.json in puppet-tails:manifests/weblate/languages.pp
as for keeping this all out of the git repo, we still need to deal with the build-script that is inside the repo, i see two options:
1. put an adapted version of build-website in /var/lib/weblate/scripts
2. forget about the sanity check and have the cronjob call ikiwiki directly
I’m not sure how important the sanity check is, but option 2 would leave the whole setup quite a bit less hairy.