Installer reinstall option displays incorrect stick capacity
In Tails Installer, “Target USB stick” displays the capacity of the USB stick. However, the “Reinstall (delete all data)” option displays the size of the Tails partition, rather than the capacity of the USB stick. The inconsistency might suggest to the user that Tails Installer is detecting another USB stick or that there is some kind of error.
@emmapeel has confirmed this bug.
Blocked by Tails -
#3 Updated by cbrownstein 2018-06-19 23:55:58
- File Screenshot from 2018-05-05 17-16-06.png added
- File Screenshot from 2018-05-05 17-16-36.png added
- Assignee changed from emmapeel to kurono
> I cannot reproduce this. More info about it? Like a screenshot.
I’m adding screenshots to this ticket. 128 GB is the correct capacity of the drive.
#6 Updated by intrigeri 2018-06-28 16:29:38
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to kurono
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Info Needed
Please rebase your work on top of the current upstream master branch, as opposed to the packaging (tails/master) branch.
#12 Updated by intrigeri 2018-07-11 19:30:13
- % Done changed from 60 to 90
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
- Feature Branch changed from bug/15590-incorrect-stick-capacity to bugfix/15590-14849-14720-14810-installer-fixes-for-3.9, installer:bugfix/15590-14849-14720-14810-installer-fixes-for-3.9
I confirm this fixes the bug and the “Reinstall” feature still works.