Explain better what removing a package means
During the user testing of the Additional Software beta:
- 2 participants hesitated before clicking the [X] button.
- After clicking “Remove” in the confirmation dialog, 1 participent still doubted whether removing meant uninstalling or deleting. Actually, it means something else :)
- Add a tooltip on the [X] button.
- Explain a bit more in the confirmation dialog.
#3 Updated by sajolida 2018-07-17 13:59:28
- Assignee changed from sajolida to alant
- Type of work changed from User interface design to Code
Proposed wording for the tooltip:
Stop installing $package automatically
If it’s too complicated to include the name of the package:
Stop installing automatically
Rationale: we’re not explaining anywhere what removing the package from the list really means. “Removing” means “stop installing automatically” (but not “deleting from persistence” or “uninstalling immediately”, for example). This was only a slight problem for P3 who hesitated a second to click on the cross button. So let’s keep the phrasing that we already have in the confirmation dialog (this would be too late for P3 anyway) and be a bit more explict in the tooltip, who only people who will hesitate will see.
#5 Updated by alant 2018-07-27 11:06:05
- Assignee changed from alant to sajolida
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Info Needed
Shouldn’t we also add in the confurmation dialog “Remove $package from your additional software? This will stop installing the package automatically.” or something similar?